North American Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T)
The patented C-A-T is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the C-A-T completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
The C-A-T utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
- Packaged: 6.5" x 2.4" x 1.5"
- Open Length: 37.5"
- Weight: 2.7 oz
- Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Reinforced windlass rod with increased diameter for enhanced strength and aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral windlass clip for rapid windlass lock and bilateral buttress for added strength
- Enhanced windlass strap changed to tactical gray and sonic welded to clip for constant contact providing safe windlass security and a place to document the application time
- Reinforced stabilization plate with beveled contact bar
- Signature red elliptical tip (Red Tip Technology) provides visual cue during application
- Patented free-moving internal band for true evenly distributed circumferential pressure
- Awarded as one of the “Top 10 Greatest Inventions” by the U.S. Army
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- True, one-handed application tourniquet
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Small and cost-effective
- Protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253