Effective Date: July 1, 2020
Curtis may change this Policy from time to time.
If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the Effective Date above and, in some cases, we may provide you with more prominent notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you access our Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
1. Collection of Information
2. Security of Information
3. Use of Information
4. Sharing of Information
5. Social Sharing Features
6. Your Choices
7. Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
8. Your California Privacy Rights
9. Contact Us
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you make a purchase from us; access and use our Services; create an online account; sign up for or participate in contests, promotions, sweepstakes, customer experience research, surveys, mailing lists, events; engage with us via social media platforms; and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, email address, ZIP code, photos, videos, social media usernames, payment information, demographic information, job title, information about your interests, and preferences, the content you post to the interactive areas of our Services, and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you decide to purchase and ship products to someone, or purchase a gift certificate for someone and request that we ship it to them. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your requests, unless they separately consent to receive communications from us or otherwise engage with us.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Services or transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information about you, including:
- Transaction Information: When you register for events, we collect information about the transaction, such as event details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Log and Usage Information: We obtain information about the device you use to access our Services and your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, hardware model, operating system, mobile network information, IP address, unique device identifiers, access times, pages viewed, items placed in your cart, links clicked, browsing behavior, and referring URL (the webpage you visited before navigating to our Services).
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you. For example:
- We receive information from our vendors that host events, and manage lists and databases, such as contact information and feedback participants provide.
- We receive information from our vendors when you interact with them and the vendor provides your contact information to us so we can resolve your issue with their product or service, provide you a quotation on their product or service, and other situations.
- We collect content you share publicly in connection with our products, services or campaigns, including photos, videos and profile information.
Information We Infer or Derive About You
We may use or combine personal information that you provide, that we collect automatically, or that we obtain from other sources to derive or infer additional personal information about you. For example, we may infer that you are looking to purchase wildland firefighting gear based on your website browsing behavior and past purchases, or we may use your IP address to estimate your general location.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Your payment and personal information is kept secure during the transmission of payment. We use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software which is among the best software available for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet. Your credit card information is secure as only the last 4 digits of your credit card number are stored on any company computers and therefore cannot be compromised.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services and the other interactions we have with you. Examples of how we use information include:
- To provide you with products and services, such as to: fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain and service your account(s); and to provide you with products and services that we think you will like;
- To respond to you, such as when you: place an order; call us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; facilitate your interactions with our sales representatives, service technicians and product specialists; track and categorize your activity and interests on our website, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience in our stores and on our website;
- For marketing and advertising, such as to: send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you. The Your Choices section below offers choices about marketing and advertising;
- For analytics, such as to: understand how you use our website; understand how you purchase from us; determine the methods and devices used to access our website; and improve our website;
- For our business purposes, such as: to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We may share personal information about you outside of Curtis as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- With the L.N. Curtis & sons family of brands and companies such as Curtis Blue Line, Curtis Force Protection, ECMS, Firefighters Bookstore and our other affiliates and subsidiaries;
- With service providers, vendors, contractors, or agents who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, such as those that assist us with our business and internal operations like shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, personalization, marketing, and advertising;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, insolvency or bankruptcy, financing or sale of company assets;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet law enforcement or national security requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms & Conditions or other agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of CURTIS, our employees, our customers, or any other persons;
- Between and among Curtis and any current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We may share personal information about you outside of Curtis as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy.
Your Account Information
You may update or correct your Curtis online account information by logging into your online account and updating your information or by calling 1.877.488.0469 . You may also email us at email@example.com if you wish to deactivate your online account, but note that we may retain information about you for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Curtis by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account, or our ongoing business relations.
The settings of your Internet browser or mobile device may allow you to stop sharing your precise location with Curtis or others.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If you reside in California, click here to learn how we process information in accordance with California law.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please call our customer service team at 1.877.488.0469 or send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also direct your privacy-related comments or questions to the following address:
L.N. Curtis & sons
Attention: Curtis Privacy
185 Lennon Lane, Suite 110
Walnut Creek, CA 94598