Petzl GRIGRI 2 Belay Device
Designed for experienced climbers, the GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted braking is designed to facilitate belay maneuvers. Both compact and lightweight, it is used with dynamic single 9.4mm to 10.3mm diameter ropes (possible with 8.9mm to 11mm diameters). The assisted braking improves belay comfort when working a route and when arresting a fall.
- Hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- Optimally used on all 9.4mm to 10.3mm dynamic single ropes (possible for 8.9 mm to 11 mm ropes)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Compact and very light at 170g
- Assisted braking: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the brake side of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding
- Design allows for better descent control. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope.
- Materials: aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certifications: CE EN 15151, UIAA
- Petzl 3 year guarantee